Want to enable international e-invoicing in your software / ERP system? You can do so by connecting your software to the Peppol network.
Luckily this is easier than you think. In this article we'll tell you everything you need to know about becoming a Peppol Access Point.
We'll answer the following questions:
- What is a Peppol Access Point?
- How to become a Peppol Access Point?
- Where do you send the invoices to?
- Connecting to Peppol with RESTful API
- Why not make a Peppol Access Point yourself?
- More information about becoming a PEPPOL Access Point
What is a Peppol Access Point?
A Peppol Access Point is an organization that connects companies or users to the international Peppol network.
As a Peppol Access Point you have the ability to:
- Connect your software to the international Peppol e-invoicing network;
- Connect your customers to companies and governments from all over the world;
- Allow users to send E-invoices to International Governments (obligated)
- Implement the safest e-invoicing communication ever to be created.
Why is this important? Why not stick with the current e-invoice method?
Well, the European authorities decided to encourage the use of the much safer - and more efficient - electronic invoicing process.
To enforce that, the European Directive (2014/55 / EU) stated that all contracting authorities must be able to receive and process e-invoices by the end of 2019.
In other words: Suppliers that send invoices to European Governments are now obligated to deliver e-invoices (This is not a PDF!).
Australia, Singapore and New Zealand all implemented a similar Directive, meaning that - they too - demand the sending of electronic invoices to their governments.
Several countries have already adopted the Directive and more countries are following each year (see full list here).
It's important for ERP software providers to respond to this development. Only then can they offer the best invoice solutions to their clients, now and in the future.
Follow these easy steps to become a Peppol Access Point
Are you interested in enabling Peppol e-invoicing inside your own software? You can easily connect your ERP system to Peppol with the Storecove Access Point API
Follow the easy steps below:
- To use the Storecove API, the first thing you will need to do is to create an account. Some accounts are automatically created in sandbox mode, but if this is not the case with your development account you can do it yourself in Settings > Billing Details.
- Next, create an API key. You can do this in the 'API Keys' section. You will typically need only one, but should you want to change the key every so often, you can create and use more than one during your migration period.
5. Post an invoice to /invoice_submissions. Read more about that here.
Where do you send the invoices to?
When you submit a sales invoice for the client of your client, we take the following steps:
- If your client's client is on the PEPPOL network, we send the invoice via PEPPOL;
- If none of these could be used, the invoice is sent to the email address provided.
Before submitting your invoice you can perform a pre-flight check whether Storecove can deliver the invoice through a channel other than email.
In that case, you can choose not to submit the invoice for delivery and send it via email yourself.
Want to know which companies / governments / ministries are already connected to the Peppol network? Easily check our Peppol Search Portal.
Connecting to Peppol with RESTful API
The Storecove Peppol Access Point API connects your software to the international Peppol network and allows your users to send e-invoices to governments and companies worldwide.
Our RESTful API is highly suitable for ERP systems, MRP systems, online accounting packages, online payment systems and other software providers.
What you can expect from us:
1. Safe and certified: We are ISO27001 compliant, Full Peppol access point, and guaranteed to run on European servers.
2. Own Certificate on Peppol.eu: With the Storecove API you can optionally have your own certificate on the Peppol website. For some companies this can be very interesting for marketing purposes.
3. Complete Dutch SMP & Access point: Flexible and easily adaptable. No additional costs.
4. API: Easy to integrate with your software. API connected via RESTful API. Test & development facilities and clear API documentation. Set-up is done entirely in your own package.
5. Compliant: Latest features and always up-to-date with the latest developments.
6. Quick check: Determines whether the receiver is connected to Peppol before sending an invoice.
7. Request status: Receive the status of sent invoices in your software via Webhooks. This way your customer is always aware of the status of a sent document.
Our easily implementable solution offers:
- AS4 support;
- RESTful API with OpenAPI specification;
- Developer sandbox mode for easy integration;
- Single integration, even when the formats used on the Peppol network change;
- Professional support;
- No implementation fee;
- No need to go through the Peppol certification process since you will be using our Peppol certificates.
- OpenAPI 2.0 specification
- Clients are available for all platforms (SwaggerCodegen)
Register as a Peppol Access Point
Need further assistance with becoming a Peppol Access Point? Feel free to give us a call on +31 (0) 20 261 17 91 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Why not develop a Peppol Access Point yourself?
Of course you could decide to start your own Access Point as a Service instead of buying one externally.
However, the implications of such a project are challenging, costly and incredibly time-consuming.
There are 6 important things to consider when making your own Peppol Access Point. Basically it all boils down to:
- Subscription cost; You'll have to join OpenPEPPOL. This membership has initial sign-up fees, as well as ongoing annual subscription costs. This could already cost more than using the Access Point of an external party.
- Scalability; The solution you provide will need to be flexible enough to scale with the growing volumes as more companies begin e-invoicing, yet it still must be strong enough to be dependable.
- Hosting platform; The hosting platform needs to be secure enough to meet various customer compliance requirements, yet accessible enough to not require investment in hardware or proprietary software
- Implementation; You'll have to determine how to onboard your new and existing clients without having to start the integration from scratch each time. If you're an ERP Vendor or a Solutions Partner, you also need to consider the staffing requirements.
- Support & maintenance; Having your own Access Point solution means you have to keep up-to-date with all the changes, for example in the invoice format, accreditation's and adjustments of your API.
- Speed: You also need to consider the time building your own access point is going to take. Not just in terms of your time-to-market, but also management cost, R&D and implementation teams. A Peppol Access Point as a Service however, could literally be up and running in days.
More information about becoming a Peppol Access Point?